Study-Work-Live in Canada

Study Work Live

HSM SWL Program


Study – Work – Live

SWL Program’s purpose is to help foreign people to have their stable life in Canada with Canadian permanent residency. Most of new immigrants have troubles to have their stable life in Canada after PR because most of them focus on PR only, not the life after PR in Canada. Therefore, HSM creates SWL program to save foreign people’s time and energy after permanent residency. HSM will arrange foreign people to specific colleges according to the foreigners’ preference to study. After school program start, HSM will arrange a job for a client as a part-time, then the client could earn money from an employer and work experience for the next step, LMIA. After school program is done, then HSM will apply LMIA application for a client to get a work permit and provide detailed information for their PR.

Study Stage


>> British Columbia – BC PNP Skills Immigration Stream for International Post-Graduates


This program allows certain graduates of B.C. post-secondary institution to settle in the province. No job offer is required to apply in this category. Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:

-Completed an eligible Masters or Doctoral degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in B.C. in a designated field of study within the two years preceding their application;
– Demonstrate their intention to settle in B.C.
– Have the ability to become economically established in B.C.


Applicants to this category must have graduated in the last three years with a Master’s or doctorate (PhD) degree in one of the following natural, applied or health sciences:

  • Agriculture
  • Biological and biomedical sciences
  • Computer and Information sciences and support services
  • Engineering technology
  • Health professions and related clinical sciences
  • Natural resources conservation and research
  • Mathematics and statistics
  • Physical science


School List

  •  New York Institute of Technology
  •  Northeastern University
  •  Trinity Western University
  •  British Columbia Institute of Technology
  •  Royal Roads University
  • Simon Fraser University
  • Thompson Rivers University
  • University of British Columbia -Okanagan
  •  University of British Columbia – Vancouver
  •  University of Northern British Columbia
  • University of Victoria


>> Univ. College – Post graduation work permit program (PGWPP)

This program allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions (DLIs) to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry.

Eligible institutions
College / Trade or technical school/ A university
Bachelor’s master’s or doctoral degree


>> Co-op Program
Co-op, short for cooperative education, is a program that balances classroom theory with periods of practical, hands-on experience prior to graduation. Through the co-op program, students are able to alternate academic study with full-time employment, gaining practical experience in their field of study.

  • 20hrs/week -Study period
  • 40hrs/week -Internship


HSM School Lists

  • SELC Career College
  •  Cornerstone Career College
  • ILSC College
  • ILAC International College
  • IH Career College
  • Sprott Shaw College


Document list to apply for a study permit visa:

  • Proof of acceptance by a designated learning institution in Canada (Letter of acceptance)
  • Proof of identity (A valid passport and two recent passport-size photos)
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation.

Any other proof of evidence required by Canadian Embassy according the country where are you coming in from, have to be provided (Criminal record, medical examination)


Welcome to Canada, one of the best places in the world to live.

  • Qualifications valued around the world
  • Affordable education
  • Multicultural society
  • Exciting campus lifestyle

Work Stage


A Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length.

* If you chose a Two-year degree program, you could be eligible for up to THREE YEAR work permit.
* An Eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for EIGHT MONTHS work permit.
* A One-year Diploma program, you would be eligible for a ONE-YEAR work permit.
* For vocational program, you would be eligible for work permit, depend of the choice’s course.
* A Two years MBA or /MSC program, you would be eligible for THREE YEARS work permit.
* A Two years PGD program, you would be eligible for THREE YEARS work permit.


The program is considered complete when the student receives a notification of program completion from the school.


Students Working Off Campus
– Full-time international students may be eligible to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions; and
– Full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

Spouse or common-law partner Work Permit
– International students studying full time in Canada with a valid study permit can apply for a work permit for their spouse or common-law partner
– Work permits for your spouse or common-law partner are valid for the same period of time as the student’s study permit.


At HSM Group, we have an experienced and proactive recruitment team ready to help you to match the job you are seeking for in order to settling in Canada.

Permanent Resident Stage

There are several permanent resident categories that you may fit into, including the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Provincial Nominee Program.


Immigrate through Canadian Experience Class and get the PR, if you meet those requirements:

  • Complete your program of study, graduate with a C average.
  • Work 12 months in a full-time job. 30 hours per week of skilled work experience in Canada
  • Meet the required language levels.


Immigrate through SINP Saskatchewan Experience, can apply for PR.

  • Graduates with a certificate, diploma, or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan
  • 6 months of permanent, full-time job from a Saskatchewan employer. The job offer must be approved by the SINP


Immigrating to Canada is an exciting opportunity. At HSM Group we could help you to call Canada your permanent home with our program |Study-Work-Live in Canada|, the best route to get your Canadian Permanent Resident status.